We're finally able to write about Continuous Organizations, a concept developed by our friend Thibauld.
Try to say the following sentence to a friend who was away for the past 2 years: "The Decentralized Autonomous Trust
is a specific immutable smart-contract that implements a bonding curve contract
with sponsored burning
to automatically mint, burn and distribute fully digital security tokens that we call FAIR securities
(FAIRs)." - or for that matter, to anyone still living in a non crypto word.
We're really traveling at a different speed here.
COs and DATs tie two very specific focuses of mine: new organizational structures and fully digital security tokens.
COs, specifically have the following features:
- Continuous Fundraising. Anyone can contribute anytime to the the DAT.
- Fully liquid. With a reserve fund to provide it and a bonding curve to set the price.
- Securities. FAIRs are a claim on the future cash-flows handled by the DAT. Automatically.
- Permission-less, friction-less & supra-national. Although offline proxies are very much needed.
- Governance agnostic. You could use something like Aragon or DAOstack to provide the rest of the infrastructure.
This is where the cool stuff happens for me. New types of organizations. New models for fundraising. Permisionless organization, commerce and innovation.
Ping us if you're working around these concepts.